Friday, March 20, 2020

Week of March 23

Staff,

First and foremost, I am so proud of you meeting this challenge and doing everything you can, especially learning all the various ways to meet kids' needs during this pandemic. 


I want you to think of something as we approach Monday.... Think of this as training for a long marathon....  you would NEVER start off on day 1 with 26 miles. Maybe 1 mile, maybe 2, but certainly not 5 or more. This would not be healthy, not only for your sake, but for the students' sake as well. They are training for this "marathon" as well. Keep that in mind. Do not OVER "train". Stay healthy please!


I REALLY want you to focus on staying well, exercising as best possible during these times. Your mental health is also extremely important to me. If you feel like your stress and anxiety is escalating to a point that you are concerned, please feel free to call me. I want to know if I can clarify something better to you to ease how you are feeling, or just be there for you. Again, my number is 336-442-4374. Try to text me first followed by your phone call. If I don't answer, send me another text, and I will get back to you, I promise. I HAVE YOUR BACK!!! 




Please understand we may deal with a lot of internet issues, especially with Canvas, with the mass amount of people trying to access this. I know GCS is working on improving their network, and I am sure outside providers will be doing the same as well. 


Below is a guide to assist you as we continue to learn how to navigate with e-learning. Start easy. Any questions should be directed to Mrs. Cutler. 
Coach Rainey and Mr. Donovan are offering the opportunity to join their book study if you would like. Simply e-mail them to join and they will tell you the rest!
IEP Read Alouds


Teachers should have individual student IEP’s at a glance at home.
Any teacher can give extended time to any student given our current situation. However, follow the iep accommodations as noted (study guides, multiple test sessions etc.) and contact EC case managers on modifications that you may be unclear as to how they can be provided.
Teachers should include on their Canvas page
Read aloud resources for classroom material are as follows:
Read aloud/Text to Speech plug in in Google Chrome
If they need read aloud for a word document they can go to this website and copy and past the text in the box and click the play button https://www.naturalreaders.com/online/
 Teachers should include: If you would prefer an individualized read aloud, please contact Mrs. Ynoa Lantigua at . ynoalac@gcsnc.com

From the desk of our school Psychologist, Ashleigh Langheim


Daily supervisions for the week:
To finish my blog, if you want to have a little fun with your family or colleagues, here is a little SEL Bingo for you!

I love you all, and we got this!  Why? Because we are..... SOUTHWEST!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment